A set of Control Scripts for PSI Bioreactor Client software developed in Department of Adaptive Biotechnologies. These scripts allow automatization of both basic and advanced funcionalities not available in standard distribution of the client software.
Put one of the below listed .js file content to PSI Bioreactor Client software protocol scripting part and modify appropriately UserDefinedProtocol section (object).
- PP-GrowthOptimizer Script for automatic quazi-continous characterization and consequent optimization of microorganism cultivated in PBRs based on programatic control of selected PBR parameters. The script is activated on a peristaltic pump scripting protocol. Data postprocessing including growth rates (doubling times) calculation is available here.
- O2-PIcurveMeasurement Script for automatic measurement of oxygen evolution and respiration under different irradiances (PI curve measurements). The script is activated on the oxygen probe (O2 dissolved) scripting protocol.
The pump where the script is activated has to be set to ID 5 by default to allow compatibility with other scripts.
Growth rate (doubling time calculation) based on OD680 while diluting according to OD720
turbidostatODType: 720 regressionODType: 680
Growth characterization uder different temperatures
controlledParameter: "temperature" controlledParameterSteps: [ 28, 32, 34, 30, 26, 22 ]
Growth characterization under different lights
controlledParameter: "lights" controlledParameterSteps: [[ 1100, 25 ], [ 440, 25 ], [ 55, 25 ]]
The lights setting has to be always in pairs, i.e. for each light channel the value has to be specified. Please note the double brackets at the begining and the end of values list
Measurement of O2 evolution/respiration synchronized with turbidostat dilutions
turbidostatSynchronization: true growthStabilitySynchronization: true lightStepMultiplierValues: [ 1 ]
Here it’s necessary to run PP-GrowthOptimizer script with enabled growth statistics
Measurement of O2 evolution/respiration synchronized with turbidostat dilutions and when the culture gets stable
turbidostatSynchronization: true lightStepMultiplierValues: [ 1 ]
Measurement O2 evolution/respiration in triplicate
lightStepMultiplierValues: [ 1, 1, 1 ]
Measurement of PI-curve
lightStepMultiplierValues: [ 8, 4, 2, 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 ]
This setting enables measurement of PI curve in seven different light intensities defined as multiplier of actual actinic light intensity
- Jan Červený - Initial work - Department of Adaptive Biotechnologies
See also the list of contributors who participated in this project.
Licensed under MIT license
Projects supporting development:
- Services and access to state-of-the-art facilities for systems biology across Europe; project „Center for Systems Biology (C4Sys)“
- Innovations for mitigation of global change impacts; project „CzechGlobe 2020 – Development of the Centre of Global Climate Change Impacts Studies“
- Analysis of reaction networks with limiting conditions as a tool for the experimental validation of biochemical and photobiological reactor models; Czech Science Foundation